When Winter calls for puffers and parkas that cover up your outfit, it’s easy to write off what you’ll wear underneath. “Eh, no one will see the outfit anyways,” you might think. Even though this is partially true, as we kick off the first month of the new year, we’re challenging ourselves, and you, to dress smarter and feel even better. Aside from reading up on what’s in and out and the top trends to expect for 2017, you’ll need a little bit of #OOTD inspiration.
Luckily, your favorite models have you covered because they’ve got Winter dressing down to a science. No matter where they are in the world, from Paris to New York City, the ladies always step out looking polished and camera-ready. With a cool coat (we see you Gigi Hadid) or a thigh-high boot, the models completely transform their Winter outfits through key pieces. Scroll to get a closer look at how the models have nailed dressing for the the cold. They’ll provide you all the fresh ideas you need for this season.
1. Karlie Kloss gave off preppy vibes thanks to a crisp, white button down tucked into a plaid-printed skirt. She kept warm with tights and over-the-knee boots.
2. Jourdan Dunn matched her coat and heels to her red and blue Tommy Hilfiger tee.
3. Taylor Hill looked sweet and feminine thanks to her pale pink coat and lace shirt.
4. Karlie Kloss artfully mastered the layering look in NYC with a button down, zip-up sweater, and trench coat.
5. Gisele Bündchen bundled up in neutrals on a cold Winter day.
6. Karlie Kloss worked the Winter whites look during Fashion Week.
7. Soo Joo Park fought off the Winter blues in a funky graphic top during New York Fashion Week.
8. Alessandra Ambrosio styled a black scarf with her colorblock sweater.
9. A bright plaid coat added color to Karlie Kloss’s dark ensemble.
10. Gigi Hadid pulled up her turtleneck for warmth during a windy day in NYC.
11. Hailey Baldwin gave off tough girl vibes in a leather coat and black knit beanie.
12. Gisele Bündchen kept her look low key with a gray turtle neck, black coat, and black pants.
13. Rosie-Huntington Whiteley’s olive coat and suede boots make the outfit.
14. Note to self: invest in a cozy shearling-lined coat like Karlie Kloss’s.
15. Chrissy Teigen had NYC street style down pat by choosing all black.
16. Gigi Hadid knew her Tory Burch coat was the best printed piece to step up her black ensemble.
17. Bella Hadid incorporated some leopard into her all-black ensemble.
18. A little snow won’t stop Gigi Hadid from wearing over-the-knee boots with her skirt.