There are three kinds of salsa-lovers out there: those who love red, those who love green, and those who love both (aka Christmas mix, if you’re from the American Southwest). If you’re part of that second group, the salsa verde supporters, there are plenty of ways to incorporate the delicious tomatillo flavor you crave into everyday dishes beyond pouring it over everything, which we also approve of.
Whether you’re whipping up a quick chicken recipe or making a soup to last you all week, you can and definitely should experiment with adding the verde kick to your meals. Not sure how? Keep reading for some inspiration.
1. Classic Salsa Verde
Start with the basics: the real-deal salsa verde.
2. Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice Tortilla Soup
Craving soup? Try this saucy take.
3. Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls With Salsa Verde
These burrito bowls are healthy, delicious, and downright beautiful.
4. Roasted Chipotle Chicken Taco Stacks With Salsa Verde
If you love tacos, you’ll love taco stacks.
5. Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice
Arroz con pollo just got even better.
6. Baked Fish With Salsa Verde and Potatoes
Whether you’re a pescaterian or you simply like to mix up your proteins, you’ll love this fish recipe.
7. 5-Ingredient Chicken Verde Tortilla Pie
With only five ingredients, this dish is super easy to make.
8. Huevos Rancheros With Avocado Salsa Verde
Your brunch prayers have been answered.