Prince Harry’s hopes for his military titles to be returned as part of a review of his and Meghan Markle’s “Megxit” deal will be down to the Queen, according to a top royal commentator.
Vanity Fair Royal Editor Katie Nicholl spoke to True Royalty’s Royal Beat host Kate Thornton about the Royal Family’s upcoming review of “Megxit”, scheduled to take place in the spring, one year from when it was announced.
According to the editor, the Queen may have already hinted at what she’s “prepared to give or take” by blocking her grandson from laying a wreath on Remembrance Sunday last year.
Katie said Prince Harry’s military titles are something he is very keen to get back, but he could be set for disappointment.
She told listeners: “The one thing that’s outstanding is the matter of Harry’s military titles.
“Of course, he’s keen to keep them.
“I’m told that, as the head of the Armed Forces, it will be the Queen who will ultimately make that decision.”
Host Kate Thornton replied: “That’s interesting because we reported earlier that Harry had wanted to have a wreath laid in his name on Remembrance Sunday, and somebody had stepped in to say no.
“We’ve subsequently discovered that that was the Queen.
“That may be her showing her hand in terms of what she’s prepared to give or take.”
Prince Harry used to have the following official titles: Captain General Royal Marines, Honorary Air Force Commandant of the Royal Air Force Base Honington and Honorary Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Naval Commands’ Small Ships and Diving.
He lost these as part of negotiations with the Palace, as he and Meghan “stepped back as senior members of the Royal family” to persue a new life first in Canada and then in California.
This comes after reports Harry and Meghan will try to brand themselves like the Obamas.
Meanwhile, a royal author claims Meghan turned Harry into a “better man” and “lured him away from the dull royals”.