Assertions continue to develop these past few weeks after reports confirmed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah. Sources claimed that Prince William would “unlikely” witness the material when it airs next Sunday.
The Daily Express released a report on the matter, detailing what the insiders had to say. The claims first emerged from the Daily Mail days ahead of the interview’s release date.
Rift is still apparent between Prince William and Prince Harry
The royal source alleged that Prince William and Prince Harry have not spoken for quite some time now. Things are still, reportedly, not well between the royal siblings.
The unnamed insider, then, said that the Sussexes’ interview is not going to help their links with the royals. It will not “help matters,” adding, however, that they all want to “repair” the bond, especially between the Wales princes.
The same source continued that the Duke of Cambridge does not have any idea what the Duchess of Sussex told Oprah. In fact, none of the British Royals reportedly know what the Sussexes revealed with the television personality.
Accordingly, the royals will allegedly learn all of these things at the same time as everyone else. Even so, the insider pointed out that it will be impossible for the future King to watch the said interview.
The Cambridges are in shock
The claims came after different sources told Us Weekly that Prince William and Kate Middleton are “utterly aghast” after learning about the Sussexes’ upcoming interview. Speaking to the publication, an informant alleged that the Cambridge couple felt “appalled” by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision.
The same sources, then, added that the shocking move is “just beyond the pale” for the future King and Queen Consort. As explained, it all comes “in light of the dreadful timing” as the current Prince Consort is in the hospital.
They filmed the interview earlier this month
The details of the interview between Oprah Winfrey and the Sussexes went public earlier this month. It all came after several publications confirmed that the filming went through for two days inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s new mansion in the United States.
Despite all the talks and allegations, no one from the British Royal Family, even Prince William or Queen Elizabeth, has released a comment about the issue. In the end, the interview will continue to run its course. It will drop on small screens on March 7, on CBS.