Princess Beatrice attacked for ‘crass’ wedding choice

Princess Beatrice is set to wed her property tycoon beau Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on May 29, 2020.

According to a recent report, instead of marrying inside Buckingham Palace, Bea will and Edo will say their vows outdoors after “the Queen has vetoed the bride-to-be’s request”. 

“Princess Beatrice will be confined to her posh tent in the gardens of Buckingham Palace when she marries Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in May,” The Mail reports.

“Bea and Edo are due to wed at the 150-seat Chapel Royal, before a reception in the Palace gardens. 

“But guests will not be allowed to enter the Palace itself – and the couple cannot even have official photos taken inside.”

However a royal commentator says one particular wedding detail will make the nuptials rather “crass”.

“Obviously it’s being held at St James’s Palace, it’s a very small venue only takes 150 people compared with the 800 that Windsor Castle’s chapel seated for Eugenie’s wedding and obviously Meghan and Harry’s wedding,” Angela Mollard told on New Idea’s Royals podcast.

She continued: “Then the reception is going to be at Buckingham Palace but not actually in the palace. It’s a posh tent.

“I was thinking about the toilet situation.

“It’s May, Britain rains all the time, May’s likely to rain as it’s spring.

“I was just thinking do you have a port-a-loo when you have a royal wedding?

“It seems a bit crass, doesn’t it?”

She concluded: “I find this interesting, I can imagine they don’t want people floating around the palace.”

The news comes days after a report claims the royal bride-to-be wants to elope overseas and ditch getting hitched in the UK because of the drama surrounding her father Prince Andrew’s scandal.

Royal commentator Victoria Arbiter told 9Honey that the the “ugliness” surrounding Andrew’s friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffery Epstein has caused a stir. 

“I feel for them a little bit because there is so much ugliness surrounding Prince Andrew at the moment and so by extension that does trickle down to his daughters,” Victoria revealed.

Prince Andrew announced he was stepping down from royal duties last year, following his “disastrous” BBC Newsnight interview, where she spoke about his involvement with Epstein.

In the interview Andrew rubbished allegations made by Virginia Roberts Giuffre that he had sex with her when she was just 17.

The interview hurt the Duke, and one palace source even labelled his TV appearance as “one of the single worst PR moves in recent history”.