Radar Online claimed that Markle told her friends that life behind the palace walls has been nothing but toxic. She also reportedly accused the royal family of sexism and racism.
There are claims that the “Suits” alum is planning on writing a tell-all book about her experiences as a senior royal, and the British clan wants to make sure that this won’t push through. There are also rumors suggesting that Markle will give a tell-all interview in the coming weeks.
However, since nothing has been cast in stone just yet, Markle is reportedly open to negotiating with the royal family. She is asking for a $90 million hush money in exchange for her to keep her mouth shut.
“The royals fear that she’ll want $90 million from the coffers to finance their new life in return for keeping her mouth shut,” a source told the tabloid.
The insider went on to say that Prince Charles is most upset by his daughter-in-law’s demands because he’s already been using his own money to finance Prince Harry and Markle’s luxurious lifestyles.
Royal commentator Omid Scobie previously said that Prince Charles would offer financial support to his son and daughter-in-law now that the royal family would no longer fund their expenses. During their bombshell exit announcement, Prince Harry and Markle said that they want to be independent of the royal family.
— Prince Charles will still continue to offer private financial support.
— They’ll still happily attend engagements for the Queen (such as Trooping the Colour).
— Details, including security and using the name “Sussex Royal” will be shared in due course.
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) January 18, 2020
However, it is still best to take the claims of the tabloid with a grain of salt. There is no confirmation regarding Markle trying to seek hush money from the royal family. And the fact that they said they want to be financially independent of them to be able to do what they want proves that they don’t need it.