It takes a lot of confidence to completely revamp your look, especially when you’re in the public eye. Selena Gomez knows a thing or two about that.
The performer has managed to successfully define her style from the street to the red carpet to the stage, but as they say, “it takes a village.” Selena credits much of her transformation to stylist Kate Young, who she began working with in 2015 while promoting her Revival tour. Before that, she developed a relationship with Louis Vuitton designer Nicolas Ghesquière, and he’s dressed her for many events. Selena has become a face of the brand, repping her favorite fashion house at the Met Gala and beyond. In 22 photos, you can see how she’s held onto her sex appeal but embraced sophistication, all while managing to keep her feet firmly planted on the ground. Of course, it helps when you’re rocking Louis Vuitton’s sturdy platform boots.
1. Selena Began Her Relationship With Louis Vuitton’s Nicolas Ghesquière in 2014
2. Since Then, She Has Attended All His Shows
3. Proudly Showing Off Her Own Take on the Brand With Confidence
4. She’s Worn Louis Vuitton Looks For So Many Red Carpet Events
5. And Partnered With the Designer at the UNICEF Ball
6. But There Is No Better Honor Than Choosing Your Favorite Designer For the Met Ball
7. Or the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
8. Selena’s Cemented Her Status as the Face of Louis Vuitton
9. She Carries the Brand’s Bags on All Occasions
10. Selena Also Began Working With Stylist Kate Young
11. In Fact, Selena Defined Her Sex Appeal at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show