The Queen’s action seems to be a message to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle that she does not want any more of the Palace’s “dirty linens” to be made public.
Katie Nicholl, a royal expert, said in an interview with ET that Queen Elizabeth, 96, who has had a difficult few months due to her husband’s death and current health issues, is now desperate to spend the remainder of her reign in a more calm and scandal-free manner, according to Deadline.
The author stated that the Queen is doing her best to keep the humiliating revelations “in-house” and added: “Everything that I’m hearing at the moment out of the Palace is that the Queen doesn’t want any more drama. She just doesn’t want any more dirty linens aired in public.”
She continued: “By taking it in-house, which is essentially what the Queen has done, she is trying to limit any further damage, any further damage to the monarchy, potentially any further damage to those members of staff who have made those allegations and also, possibly to the Duchess of Sussex, who denied those allegations.”
The royal expert continues to state that Her Majesty has banned the release of the documents in order to protect those involved in the scandal.
Nicholl shared: “Well, it’s been speculated that the reason that this investigation isn’t going to essentially see the light of day, at least in public, is to protect those who spoke out and made these allegations of bullying against the Duchess of Sussex, to protect their privacy, to protect their anonymity. And there is some speculation that this would not have been particularly pleasant reading for the Duchess of Sussex, and possibly she’s being protected in all of this as well.”
Because she wants to defend the monarchy, Queen Elizabeth decided to hide Meghan Markle’s allegations of bullying.
The reputation of the monarchy has been shaken in recent months by Markle, Prince Harry, and Andrew’s bombshell revelations, as well as Prince William and Kate Middleton’s disastrous royal tour that brought up colonialism and slavery.
She concluded: “But I think this really is just a case of keep a really very inflammatory story under the radar, not allowing any of it to be made public, and what I suppose, the method in all of this is to try and preserve the integrity of those staff, of the Duchess of Sussex and indeed of the reputation of the monarchy.”
Later this month, a report regarding Meghan Markle’s claims of bullying was scheduled for release. But reliable sources who talked to The Sunday Times claim that Her Majesty won’t ever make the report public.
In the future, Buckingham Palace won’t comment on the inquiry or make any statements.
However, Buckingham Palace has decided to “improve the policies and procedures” in its HR department following the investigation paid for by Her Majesty.
Citing royal sources, The Times said that the Palace has declined to release the information as a way to “limit tensions between the Sussexes and the palace” and “protect the privacy of those who took part” in the investigation.
Days before Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex’s explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021, it was revealed that the bullying investigation had been started.
During the discussion, Markle and Prince Harry blamed the royal family for neglecting them while they dealt with severe mental health issues and made racist accusations.
The investigation was started after several Kensington Palace workers said that Prince Harry’s wife had bullied them in October of last year.
The complaints that were filed by Meghan Markle and her husband Prince Harry’s former communications secretary, Jason Knauf, said that she “drove two personal assistants out of the household and was undermining the confidence of a third staff member.”
At the time, a spokesperson for Prince Harry and Markle denied the allegation, calling it a “calculated smear campaign.”
The royals seem to be prepared to put the drama behind them.